- BlogOur Thoughts
- Our Team
- Contact UsWe’re Waiting
IGNITE YOUR COLOR
Aloxxi’s new ultra hot color delivers a vibrant palette of shades with incredible shine. Formulated with Advanced Direct Dye Technology for more even color results that fade on tone.
Pumpkin Enzyme Scrub with Cassie at One Salon.
Regularly $100, now only $50.
Pure by Ami from ColorLab CHEEK & LIP TINT
Provides a slight flush of color which gives a youthful vitality and healthy glow to the skin. This sheer formula is infused with Mango Butter and Camelia Oil so it glides on easily and blends flawlessly. Mango Butter and Camelia Oil regenerate, protect and replenishes the skin. Excellent on the lips for a perfectly sheer hint of color. Comes in 6 beautiful shades.
If you haven’t been here yet (you need to go!), you’ll find The One Salon and Bridal Company located just west of downtown St. Charles in a charming building right on Main Street. The salon’s long driveway leads to a rear lot, making it easy to park your car before heading in to your appointment.
My appointment was a little different this particular Friday, as I wasn’t changing my hair color or getting my nails done. Rather, I was there to chat with salon owner Ami Christianson during her lunch break about how her business came to be. The One Salon and Bridal Company was my go-to choice when scheduling hair and make up for my bridal party, and after my excellent trial I knew I had to learn more about this local spot!- Laura Swan Sieckman
–For the rest of this review please follow the link! Thanks Laura!
Bigger is better! Introducing Pai-Shau Opulent Volume Ritual Collection for natural looking, featherlight fullness and free-free shine. The three new products- Opulent Volume Hair Cleanser, Opulent Volume Hair conditioner an Opulent Volume Spray- are formulated with new volumizing Botanical Complex, which is made of ginseng and white nettle leaves, as well as gleditchia, extracted from the seeds of the honey locust tree. Ginseng is rich in B vitamins as well as plant-based amino acids to help stimulate the scalp; white nettle offers anti-inflammatory benefits, amino acids and minerals; and gleditschia adds volume, vitality, and shine. What’s more, patented Microemulsion Technology delivers breakthrough Signature Exotic Tea Complex, which contains potent, deep-penetrating antioxidents and nutrients, including vitamins B, C and E. All of these ingredients combine to fortify and smooth strands while protecting against the effects of thermal damage and environmental stresses, reducing frizz and extending the life of haircolor. Additionally the Opulent Volume Ritual Collection is free of gluten, parabens, sulfates, phosphates and added sodium chloride.
The newest and latest: Bronde
Bronde (a combination of brown and blonde hair) are what celebs are gravitating to for fall. This shade, which is as a deeper brown base with rich caramel highlights, not only warms up your skin tone, but it brings dimension and life to your hair and allows you to feel like you’re keeping a little bit of summer with you.
Myrna specializes in natural nails and encourages weekly or monthly maintenance to enhance what you have. She offers a range of services, including manicures that will leave your hands soft and beautiful, and pedicures with a sea weed and sea salt exfoliation.
Express Manicure $18
Basic Manicure $26
Deluxe Spa Manicure $35
CND Shallac No-Chip $35
Express Pedicure $25
Spa Pedicure $40
(Myrna offers additional services, for pricing or to schedule an appointment call 630.204.5268)
Many experts believe there is a genetic link to acne, although anyone can experience congestion and breakouts. Decrease oil production and purify the skin by eliminating bacteria, reducing inflammation and healing breakouts. Whether your acne is genetically rooted or externally triggered, our experts have your skin clearing arsenal ready.
- Acne is the most common skin condition in the US, and according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), it affects as many as 50 million annually.
- Acne can happen at all ages. While acne is often thought of as an adolescent skin condition, acne can occur at all stages of life, usually on the face, chest or back.
- Over exfoliation can exacerbate acne. Exfoliation happens in two forms: chemical and physical. Chemical exfoliators, like enzymes, penetrate the skin to help the skin slough, while physical exfoliators scrub the surface of the skin. The removal of dead cells can help unclog the skin, but over exfoliating may also irritate it.
- Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid are powerful acne-fighting ingredients. Benzoyl Peroxide, which kills acne-causing bacteria, is one of the most commonly used ingredients in acne care products, but it can be overly drying if it’s used too frequently. Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) that stimulates exfoliation in the skin, clearing pores and promoting new cell growth. It reduces inflammation and smooths skin’s surface.
- Adult acne affects more women than men. Sorry, ladies! According to a study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, more adult women will experience acne than men (The Prevalence of Acne in Adults 20 Years and Older). According to the AAD, acne can be caused by genetics, hormones, stress, medication, menstruation as well as food.
- Breakouts take a few days to a few weeks to surface. Breakouts may be in the works underneath the skin’s surface, waiting to make an appearance. When you start a regimen to battle acne, results take time.
- Clear Acne Cleanser – This cleanser treats and prevents breakouts with Salicylic Acid while leaving the skin thoroughly cleansed and smoothed with gentle scrubbing beads.
- Clear Complexion Pads – These medicated pads dissolve excess oil and target bacteria for clearer skin. Throw these convenient wipes into your gym bag to stay clear on-the-go.
- Renew Serum – This must-have serum is a true multi-tasker. It stimulates mild exfoliation and cell renewal to smooth skin and improve texture and tone with Retinol, Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid. Apply directly to your acne or all over.
- Clear Anti-Blemish Treatment – This is one powerful Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment! Clear Anti-Blemish Treatment should be used at the first sign of a breakout. Apply directly to the inflamed lesion and discontinue once the breakout has cleared.
- Healing Gel – Have you ever had a dark spot or red mark that just won’t go away after a breakout? This post-breakout fix smooths and heals skin while helping erase the shadow mark left behind from a blemish.
- Clear Skin Body Spray – This spray treats body blemishes and congestion by helping prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation. The 360 degree spray nozzle lets you use the bottle upside down, so you can get all of those hard to reach areas.
by Glo Editorial Team
- Powder Blush: A powder blush formula can come in a variety of shades and work well on all skin types. It’s the perfect place to start if you’re new to the world of blush being that it is so easy to apply.
- Cream Blush: Cream blush formulas are ideal for creating a sheer, glowing finish, suitable for both dry and combination skin. A well formulated cream blush can act as a multi-purpose product. For a lightweight and natural makeup look I apply a sheer luminescent foundation or tinted moisturizer, followed by a light application of cream blush to the cheeks and lips. I then add a soft skin toned eyeshadow with a bit of shimmer across the lid followed by a generous coat of mascara on upper and lower lashes to finish off the look. I’ve introduced fun and vibrant pops of fresh color in a natural and minimalistic way, while keeping skin the main focal point.
- Cheek Stain: Stains offer vibrant, long wear color. The key is to go light, layering the stain bit by bit to get the perfect look. By applying too much of a cheek stain the look can appear forced and at times even clownish. Just keep in mind that cheek stains can take a little extra effort to get just right.
at Glo Beauty Blog
1. Switch to a lightweight face cream.
When you step out into the 90 degree heat of summer, it can be tough to keep shine under control and products can feel heavy on your face. Even though it might feel like you don’t need a moisturizer when your skin is extra oily, moisture and hydration are important for all skin types. Your skin may even overproduce oil to compensate for being dehydrated (it’s confusing, we know), so keep up your twice a day moisturizing routine, but stick to lightweight formulas during the day. You can also swap your usual eye cream for an eye serum.
2. Get your daily dose of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C applied topically to the skin protects you from free radicals, unstable molecules that are missing an electron. They damage nearby molecules by taking an electron to complete their pair. This normal molecule then becomes a free radical itself, starting a chain reaction. Free radicals can also disrupt collagen production, but Vitamin C promotes collagen synthesis, helping to prevent wrinkles and signs of aging.
3. Fight acne on your face and body.
When it’s hot out, you wear fewers layers of clothes, and it makes sense that you would want to keep your makeup light as well. If you have acne, it’s best to attack it head-on instead of relying on concealers and correctors. Incorporating an acne cleanser and spot treatment as needed can help keep breakouts at bay. Help your skin recover from a blemish quicker with a healing spot treatment that will reduce redness and irritation. Keep an eye out for Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) like Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid in your skincare products because these ingredients can cause sensitivity to sunlight. If you are using AHAs, be extra careful to protect your skin from the sun by wearing SPF and limiting your skin’s exposure.
Don’t let body blemishes like back acne keep you out of your favorite summer swimsuit. Spray an acne-fighting body spray on your chest and back both morning and night, allowing the product to dry before putting on your clothes.
4. Wear sunscreen every day.
Sunscreen should be worn 365 days of the year, hot or cold, rain or shine, but it’s even more critical during the summer. Most people love Daylight Saving Time because it means extending the hours of daylight, but it also means your skin is exposed to the sun that much longer. We’re a fan of multi-purpose products like Moisturizing Tint SPF 30+ which provides moisture, color and sun protection.
5. Get a professional skincare consultation-at One Salon!
The best way to revamp your summer skincare routine is to get personalized advice from a pro. A licensed esthetician will be able to create a customized skincare regimen based on your skin type and skin concerns.
by-Glo Beauty Blog