1. Curl your lashes at the root to open up your eyes. Doing this first is key-it’ll help you avoid messing up your liner later.
2. Starting at the inner corner of your eyes, line your top lids with a black kohl pencil three quarters of the way across, staying as close to the lash line as possible.
3. Looking straight into the mirror, draw a dot about one tenth of an inch up and out (45 degrees) from the outer corner of each eye to mark where the tip of the wing should end.
4. Draw a line connecting the dot to the liner on your upper lash line. Perfect the shape and clean up any mistakes with a pointed Q-tip covered in moisturizer.
5. Gently lift your eyelids up with your finger, and rim the upper waterlines for definition.
6. Finish with two coats of black mascara.
BONUS POINT! Try a bombshell cat eye:
Do steps one through five above, then trace over the pencil with a black liquid liner or, if you want more intensity, an angled brush dipped in a gel formula. Glue on some false lashes and finish it off with two coats of black mascara!